Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spearmint Harvest

My spearmint is going like gangbusters out there in the garden. Today I harvested quite a bit and brought it in to clean up. It filled up most of the bottom of the sink.

 The next step is to dehydrate it and then store it for tea. Here it is already starting to dry out. It should be ready to store in another day or two.

I love mint tea and this will go a long way towards stocking up for a nice stash of mint tea. The peppermint isn't ready to harvest yet but when it is, I'll be able to mix the spearmint and the peppermint for a nice blend.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. I wish I lived in a climate that I could harvest my own mints. Mint teas are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this, too! Chamomile and other goodies don't seem to work (for me) nearly as well as the mints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific idea. I've never tried to dry mint leaves, but I did have a peppermint plant many years ago. That thing grew like a weed. So vigorous! I was always sharing cuttings with everyone. I did enjoy chewing it, too.


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete