Well I had planned to make this update a bit sooner, but things got crazy with my friend getting hurt. First off I haven't been able to get a hold of whole wheat or whole barley to try sprouting those. I tried my two year old home grown Indian corn and whole oats. The Indian corn did well and sprouted nicely, The oats did a big fat NOTHING. Then I tried whole corn from the feed store. The whole corn DID sprout, but not anywhere near as well as the Indian Corn. It also fermented and molded much faster and truly stunk.
The feed store owner told me today that she can't get any whole barley at all, but the whole wheat will be in at the end of the week. I'm going to try the whole wheat and see how it compares to the corn and oats.So the sprouting experiments are on temporary hold until I can get new seeds to sprout.