Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gagga for Grapes

Sometime last week a big rig broke down with a load of grapes and plums. My boss brought several cases of grapes to work with him. Everybody got what they wanted and that still left a full box that needed to be taken care of. Since no one else wanted it, I brought it home.

This is the box after it was all empty. As you can see it's sitting on a large dog kennel converted to hold our fire wood. This box of grapes weighted between 20-30 lbs. Yea that's a LOT of grapes.





So I spend the weekend juicing up all those grapes and making grape jelly.  I made 27 half pints and 2 pints of jelly. My neighbor came over yesterday afternoon to see if Keith could help him with some wiring on his truck and I passed off a half pint of jelly right away. I'm going to take some back to the people at work, but that still leaves us with quite a bit of jelly.  I guess Keith better start eating more grilled cheese sandwiches since he ALWAYS has grape jelly on the grilled cheese.




1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! Homemade grape jelly. So yummy!
    Hubby used to drive a truck, but never had a breakdown with fresh food inside. What a nice surprise, but huge loss for the companies involved.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete