The stone company called us on Wednesday Dec 31st at about 10:45 in the morning to inform us that the stone we ordered had come in. Then they told us they would be closing at noon. It's a 2 hour drive for us to get there so we wouldn't make it that day. They also said they'd be closed the rest of the week and the next time they would be open was January 5th. Then we got a call from the Wood stove installer. He scheduled to come out on January the 6th. Our wall looked like this as the stone company had miscalculated the amount of stone we would need.
But we were able to get our stone yesterday and get it all set up so now this morning it looked like this:
The wood stove crew arrived later in the morning and this evening, the space looks like :
And now we have the first fire in our new stove in the new house!!
I'm so glad we finally got a replacement wood stove. Now I'm going to be busy cutting wood for the fire.