Friday, June 25, 2010

Slicker Training Part 2

After working with the horses in the pasture, I pulled out both Baby Girl and Ladybug for separate training. Since I was also planning on riding, I saddled both up and took them both down to the arena. We worked on turning on the forehand, turning on the hindquarters and slicker training.  In less than 5 minutes for each horse, they were transporting the slicker across the neck and accepting the movement from either side. I started with getting them used to the slicker while I was still on the ground.  Then I hung the slicker on a fence post and mounted up so we could practice picking it up and moving it from post to post. It was a great day of training for both girls. They each easily accepted the slicker from both sides and transported it from post to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment