Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another Snow Day

Today was a complete closure at work and I'm on at least a two hour delay for tomorrow. I really hate the snow, but I do enjoy the day off from work. I finally finished the scarf I was working on. Then I finished the last tiny bit of a pot holder that needed to be sewed up. Now I'm busy trying to find a good hat pattern so that I can make a matching hat for my scarf. 

Since I had a lot of time on my hands today I also made a homemade coleslaw. I had a small head of red cabbage in the refridgerator that was one of the the last ones harvested from my garden. It wasn't very big so I picked up a head of green cabbage at the grocery store earlier today and mixed the two together along with some shreaded carrots. 
I tried a new dressing instead of the usual creamy Mayo type dressing. I used Olive oil and Balsamic vinegar. Tried to be a bit more healthy with it but it was a little bland. I think I need to add a little more vinegar the next time I make the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment