Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spiced Tea

Oh I love this stuff. I'm sure some of you have heard of it before. It goes by the title of Russian Tea, Spiced tea etc. And there are probably tons of different variations for it. I developed this version of the recipe after seeing several that called for Tang, instant tea, a lemonade drink mix and sugar. So with my version, I killed off two birds with one stone. If you get your tea with lemon and sugar, you can totally eliminate both the lemonade drink mix and the sugar from the recipe and still have an awesome drink.

Here is my personal version of this awesome drink.


1 cup instant tea with lemon and sugar
2/3 to 3/4 cup Tang
Cinnamon
Cloves
Nutmeg

Add the spices to your taste I don't measure them, just sprinkle or pour into the mix until it looks right. 

Then add hot water and enjoy. However be careful adding the hot water as the tea will foam or fizzle a bit like a soda pop for a few seconds. Just fill the cup part way and then stir before completely filling up. This version also tastes very good as a cold drink so if you ever feel like a nice cold glass of spiced tea, just add water and ice. 

Finally since this is all in powder form, it stores very well. I like to hang on to the used Tang containers because they hold up well and make a good storage container for the tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment