Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weather and Crochet

Since Keith broke his toes, he's been required to wear an open toed hospital shoe. He's also had serious difficulty in getting a sock on his foot so he asked me to crochet him what he terms a "toe cozy".  The first one I made him was a little bit short so he asked me to make him a second one. Since the weather has been so bad this week and snowing nearly every day I took the first shorter one and started to make it longer. Since it doesn't have to look pretty only be functional enough to protect his toes from the cold, I took this as an opportunity to practice my tunisian crochet.
I picked up this book on Saturday at the Hastings and it has some really good photos and instructions on  many different stitches.
Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting (Teach Yourself Visually)


There is this beautiful Ruana they feature on the front page in the winter 2009 Interweave crochet Magazine that I really want to try, but I need to practice up on the tunisian stitch first.  So I killed two birds with one stone and lengthened Keith's "toe cozy" while practicing the stitch.

  Interweave Crochet

1 comment:

  1. Toe cosy sounds like a good idea! I sure wouldn't want bare toes ths time of year. You sound pretty handy with a crochet hook! I am a granny square champ... thats it

    ReplyDelete